In a better world …
- All people celebrate the joy of life.
- Human Rights are respected and upheld and the dignity and integrity of all people is assured.
- People live in ways that preserve nature’s ecological balance in an environment that is beautiful and clean.
- The planet’s natural and abundant resources are shared equitably and the basic human needs of all people are provided for.
- All people have equal opportunities to realize their potential through an educational process that has human, moral and spiritual values at its heart.
- Life within the immediate family is loving, caring and fulfilling and is the foundation for harmony within the broader human family.
- There is understanding and tolerance in all human relations.
- People communicate openly and in a spirit of equality and goodwill.
- Social, economic and political justice is ensured through honesty, responsibility and respect for the rule of law.
- Governments, as representatives of the people, are committed to their well-being. People participate cooperatively in efforts for a secure and peaceful world.
- Science serves humanity and appropriate technology is applied to ensure sustainable development and enhance the quality of life.
- All people enjoy freedom of expression, movement and belief while respecting the liberties and rights of others.
The Global Vision Statement is an excerpt from Visions of A Better World, by Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University.